Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pumpkin King

Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas came at an interesting time for me.  I was in high school and a friend of mine invited a LOT of folks over to his place to watch this movie when it came out on video.  What's so interesting about this?  Well it was a very cold evening and it was viewed by  a group of 20 or so teenagers...in the second floor of their barn.  It was actually really really cool.  AND I got to hang out with my very cool foreign exchange student and friend, Priscila Costa from Brazil.  (I've looked for her but do you have any idea how many Priscila Costas there are in Brazil?  Don't look, there's too many to name.)  So when I was looking through Etsy, as I SO often do, and came across another of so many great hats on Cutie Hats Etsy page.  Good ole Jack Skellington, The Pumpkin King.  Not only as a beanie but as a beanie with ear flaps.  I had to try it!




Behold!

 I don't happen to have my young model here at the moment but this hat is for my nephew and is sized for a child between the ages of 2-6 or so.  (Lil Bit has a big head for his age and it's close fitting for him.)















I can make another in a jiffy for $25 with earflaps, $20 without.  (Halloween is coming and YOU could be Jack too!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment