Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My Only Hope

"Han Solo: Well Princess, it looks like you managed to keep me here a while longer.
Princess Leia: I had nothing to do with it. General Rieekan thinks it's dangerous for anyone to leave the system until they've activated the energy shield.
Han Solo: That's a good story. I think you just can't bear to let a gorgeous guy like me out of your sight.
Princess Leia: I don't know where you get your delusions, laser brain."

Oh Leia, don't lie :p
What would be cuter than a Princess Leia wig? We all pretended to be Leia at one time or another. I saw a page a week or two ago with a felt hat that looked like Leia's hair, braided sides and all. After much thinking I realized I could whip one of those out in no time! I used the Coffee colored yarn again and on the sides I remembered a pattern for making an amigurumi snake, modified it and used that for the sides.




 I tried it on Lil Bit, which he hated because it's for girls, and the sides fit over the ears like ear muffs. Lil Bit loves to wear it around the house now. I did pull up the front a bit to make it look more like a hair line in the center. This little number is $25 and would be fantastic for Halloween or all winter long!

The spot on the top is flatter than it appears and once it's washed and air dried will settle just right. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment