Saturday, November 22, 2014

Now for something completely different

You know how you read about people who make money with surveys and stuff?  You think, "Whatever.  That doesn't happen." Well it does.  Now I'm not saying you can make a living at it but I have a few places where I do stuffs and rack up points so I'm gonna share it with you guys. 

Before you sign up for these things, keep in mind that they will be emailing you.  A lot.  The best thing you can do is go to yahoo or gmail and create a new email account JUST FOR THIS.  Name it SurveyJane@mail . yahoo . com or whatever.  Something you'll remember and check. Read about them before clicking the links though and feel free to google info about them.  I'm not paid to post this so I have no reason to make any of it up.  This is just my experience with a few.  I have never given any of them a phone number and have never been harassed.  Just so you know.
  /\ _ /\
(=^.^=)
 (")  (")_/
MindField Online Internet Panel is a place that actually pays out cash for their surveys.  No, I've not gotten a pay out on this one and I'll tell you why.  1) I've been with them since 2006.  I don't take a lot of surveys.  I just deleted them from my email because I signed up but didn't have time for it because Lil Bit was a year old.  Don't take them, don't get paid.  2) Sometimes I get between one and 4 emails a day from MindField.  So I don't always click them or only click one. 

Pros  :  You can make money if you take the surveys.  Some of them vary from $0.50 -$5.00 surveys.  The emails are clear and easy to follow.  They send you a Study link, you click it and begin the survey.  They also tell you how long the survey should take, how close you are to your pay out and they offer you more surveys at the end or if you don't qualify.  By clicking the MindField link above and signing up, I think I get a $1 for referral.  Each email has an Respondent ID and that should be you.  By using the link above and putting your ID in place of mine, you should be able to get $1 for everyone you refer that signs up.

Cons  :  Some of them are lengthy.  They say 15-20 minutes but that's if you have time to stick with it.  If you are in and out because your kid thinks you need to run up the stairs to watch a 15 minute video of a minecraft parody then it takes a lot longer, you lose interest and just close the window (ie another reason I'm not paid yet).  These surveys fill up quick.  Sometimes within an hour their quota is met and you don't even get to take the survey.  They don't offer you a $0.25 cent compensation for clicking the link or attempting the survey like some others do.  The longer the survey, the more chance there is that you will time out or just get bored and close it.
  /\ _ /\
(=^.^=)
 (")  (")_/
e-Rewards is one you can't really join but if you get an email asking if you'd like to join them, take it.  I think mine came from adding Alaska Airlines to my affiliate program list.  I get occasional emails from them offering me between $2 and $6.50 per survey.  I get a quarter for filling out profile information and doing smaller surveys.  I have yet to be in one that I have had a problem with or timed out of.  I don't get them as frequently but they are worth it.  They tell you how much money you have made with them and you can cash it out with their high end partners.  Magazines, hotels, airlines and my favorite Gamestop's Power Up rewards program.  I finally earned the equivalent of $50 on their program and cashed out to Gamestop.  That gives you 12,500 points in Power Up to spend as you like.  I can think of no cons.  They send the info directly to power up and your points are added.
  /\ _ /\
(=^.^=)
 (")  (")_/
Gamestop Power Up Rewards - Not a survey place. It's Gamestop.  If you have not signed up for this yet, you should. ( Faq's ) It's free.  They track what you buy in the store and online and give you points for them.  If you get in on a special event or use certain coupons they offer (and tell you about) then you get more points.  I strongly suggest going PRO as well.  It's $15 a YEAR.  You get deeper discounts when you buy things and more points.  The points add up.  In the two years I've had Pro I have gotten 4 shirts and a pack of wii remote locking wrist bands.  I don't even pay shipping.  So you get games cheaper than you ordinarily would, earn points and get free things.  Win Win.

MyPoints.com is one I've been with probably since 2002 or so.  I used a lot of points just donating to the Red Cross for a few years.  They email you.  A LOT.  Especially, around Christmas. 

Pros  : Some of the emails offer you 5 points just for clicking the email and letting a page load.  That's it.  You can go to their site and do surveys for points.  You can let them mail you things for more points.  Some of the emails you sign up to their ad sites and receive 100+ points.  Each email will show you an ad, example :Allstate Insurance, Respond to this offer and receive 100 pts.  Scroll to the bottom of the ad.  Always.  It says Get Your Points! Then it tells you what you get.  If you click you might get 5 pts.  Some do not give you any for click-thru.  This one says "Once you get to Allstate Auto Insurance, request a quote and Receive 100 Points"  For Walmart ads you get 8 points per $1 you spend on their site after clicking the link.  You can also do that with other sites via the My Points Website.  They have THOUSANDS of online retailers that give you points so check them before you buy anything online for more points.  You can cash them out for fuel cards, restaurant cards, amazon and TONS more.  You can sign up for free, of course, but if you message or email me I can refer you.  Another Pro for MyPoints is that if I refer you, I get 25 points.  If you refer someone not only do you get 25 points but you and I both get a bonus of extra points every time THEY click emails or when THEY buy from the MyPoints emails or lists.  Yep it's kinda pyramid but there's no scheme to it because it's something you're already using for points to get rewards anyway.  I can tell you now I've never bought from MyPoints.  I have only clicked emails and I've cashed out a lifetime amount of nearly 15,000 points. :)  I don't even try.  If I did I'd have loads of freebies.  Did I mention you can also play games and things on GSN for points and use groupon and such for more?  Yeah, awesome right!

Cons : Can't think of any.  No, really.  Aside from the massive amount of emails, no cons.  That's why you create a new email account for all these.

  /\ _ /\
(=^.^=)
 (")  (")_/
Okay, I think that's about all I have for now but if you have questions or want in on one of the referrals (please) email me and I'll getcha rockin! 

OH and my Thankful For for the entire week I guess (because I'm a slacka) is that through e-Rewards/Gamestop I'll be able to get both my boys a little something extra for xmas and also from MyPoints/Walmart I got a $50 online gift card too...which is why I shared this post with you. :)  I'm pretty darned thankful :D

No comments:

Post a Comment