Sunday, September 9, 2012

HeadWrap in all it's glory

I will detail what yarns I used in the "making of" but for now I'll start with this...

This is my new HeadWrap.  I had gotten a text message this summer from a friend who saw the pinwheel flower design and had to have it.  It is beautiful but I'd never seen any such thing and had no idea how to make it.  I set out to the Great Google Machine and found several free patterns.  None of which did I actually understand. 

I'm slow.  I get it. ;)  So I used ideas from doing crocheted leaves in previous projects and put them into making this.  I thought the edging needed to be something a bit more special and I once again hit the net.  This is the Crab Stitch edging.  I find that to be hilarious.  I've never heard of any such thing but learned to do it via Youtube and Teresa.  I don't know her but I do like her videos. 

I used very chunky yarn, the Super Bulky (6) Lion Brand Yarn Hometown USA and this one is in Houston Cream.  I used Red Heart Super Saver Yarn (medium 4) for the flower itself because it's certainly easier to handle but it also keeps form a bit better.

I finished the project and surprise mailed it and two flowers to my friend.  She was only a week or two from giving birth to her son and taking leave from work so it was a nice surprise.  I make mine so the end there has at least two loops to go around the button I have on the other end.  This is to make it tighter or looser depending on who is wearing it.  Also, yarn stretches after a while and it may need to be pulled tighter at some point. 

The flowers also come off. :O WHA? YES! The flowers are interchangeable!  BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!  I'm selling the pattern on my @Home Ninja Etsy Shop!  MORE? YES!  It's only $5 for the pattern!  I'm going to try to set up the Visa section so it accepts it and not just paypal.  I really hope you guys enjoy it. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment